Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fashion Stalking: More then Just Dressing like a Celebrity

Fashion Stalking is a phrase I created that refers to picking a celebrity  and copying their style of dressing. You  might think this is just blog about how to dress like a star. To a certain extent your right. However, the one thing I learned from this whole journey is just how much my connection to spirit came to grow through this whole process. I was at a point in my life where I was bored with my closet and nothing seemed appealing to me. Feeling little inspiration I'd walk into stores and try on clothes but unsure as to whether or not something looked good on me. I blamed it on turning 40 and feeling like it was a midlife identity crisis. I know that feeling well. I've had many. So I started to look at different celebrities for inspiration. I decided to set out to look like some of Hollywood's most famous men. There was this part of me that wanted to look and feel like a star and then there was also this part of me that needed to grow and expand my personal awareness of who I was. What I learned from this process is one of several things. The first is that the way I viewed myself was a reflection of how I shopped for myself. I saw myself with limitations. The way I felt was not like the infinite being with unlimited potential that is the real me. The real you. And so when I shopped I looked at clothes and I's say things like "oh I could never where that." But when I started Fashion Stalking I started to open up and expand in not just the way I dressed but the way I felt. All of a sudden I was shopping in stores I would never go into or wear clothes I'd never think we're meant for me. I never used to see myself as someone who is 'star quality' and so I shopped and lived that way too.This has resulted in a huge energetic shift. All of a sudden I see things with wider eyes and I am able to think beyond the thoughts of limitations that once created a very small world for me. Now the world does really seem limitless. I feel this sense of expansion.

The other aspect of this experience that surprised me even further is the depth in which my relationship with my Angels and God has grown. There is nothing we can't ask our divine support for help with and shopping is no different. I discovered I had shopping Angels! And before I head out to the malls I set the intention by asking my Angels to help me find not only the clothes I'm looking for but for a very good price. And each time my Angels have come through for me! This whole process is another example how when we set our intentions and ask for help it does come for us. Once our intention has been made we have to just let go, trust and know that without a doubt our Angels are there to help us and that includes shopping. They can even help you find great deals!

I hope that you too find some of these clothes take you on your own journey. A journey that can only lead to growth in many aspects of your life too.
Angel Blessings to ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment